PRESERVED BUSES & COACHES

REG GJB 254
MAKE BRISTOL
MODEL LWL 6B
YEAR 1952
BODY B39R Eastern Coach Works, Lowestoft
OWNER Phil Dale, Gerry Serpell-Morris, and Nigel Adam
HISTORY This vehicle was supplied new to Thames Valley Traction Company in 1952, and remained in service with them until 1965.  It stayed with the company as a training vehicle until 1971.  It went though a few ownerships until 1995 when it was purchased by the Oxford Bus Museum, and put on static display until 2008.  In that year it was purchased by the present owners who made it roadworthy, and began showing it at bus rallies.

 

 

Above photo taken at: Oxford Bus Museum Running Day
Taken on: 17th October 2010

 

Return to Bus & Coach List

Photographs Mike Smith 2010
None to be reproduced elsewhere without permission
mjs@onlineweb.com