PRESERVED BUSES & COACHES

REG MOR 581
MAKE AEC
MODEL Reliance
YEAR 1954
BODY Weymann B40F
OWNER Aldershot & District Bus Interest Group
HISTORY This bus was in service with Aldershot & District from August 1954.  Originally a coach on the Farnham to London route, she was converted to bus use in 1966, and worked out of Woking.  Although she was bought for preservation in 1979, in 1993 the vehicle was repurchased by Alder Valley (successors of A&D), and based at Guildford mainly for a heritage bus service.  Finally she was sold to the Aldershot & District Bus Interest Group in 1998, and now appears at rallies in  the south.

 

 

 

 
Above photos taken at: Provincial Society Bus Rally, Fareham, Hants
Date: 7th August 2011

 

 

Return to Bus & Coach List

Photographs Mike Smith 2011
None to be reproduced elsewhere without permission
mjs@onlineweb.com