REG UF 6473
YEAR 1930
BODY Leyland Highbridge
OWNER Amberley Museum
HISTORY Purchased in 1930 by Southdown Motor Services for use in the Worthing area.  Sold in 1938.  It was then used, under cover as an office/storage area for a transport contractor in New Cumnock, Ayrshire.  The driver's cab and front of the chassis were cut off in 1970 to make more office space, but enthusiasts sourced a replacement so that the vehicle could enter preservation.  It was restored quickly, as the condition of the vehicle was surprisingly good.  It entered the London to Brighton run for historic commercial vehicles in 1976.

Information from:


Above photos taken at: Amberley Museum, West Sussex.
Taken on: 27th October 2009


Return to Bus & Coach List

Photographs Mike Smith 2010
None to be reproduced elsewhere without permission