PRESERVED BUSES & COACHES

FLEET No RT 1808
REG KYY 663
MAKE AEC
MODEL RT
YEAR 1950
BODY Park Royal
OWNER National Motor Museum, Beaulieu
HISTORY

RT 1808 entered service from Forest Gate garage in 1950.  From 1958 the vehicle worked from the converted trolleybus depot at Wood Green, then from 1967 to 1970 she worked from Stockwell.  After a spell in storage she worked intermittently until 1976, when the vehicle was sold to Lesney Products.  In 1983 the bus was purchased for preservation, and in 1985 was bought by the National Motor Museum, Beaulieu.  She remains on display in the main hall at Beaulieu, where the photo below was taken.

 

 

Above photos taken at: The National Motor Museum, Beaulieu
Taken on: 14th May 2012

 

Return to Bus & Coach List

Photographs Mike Smith 2012
None to be reproduced elsewhere without permission
mjs@onlineweb.com