PRESERVED BUSES & COACHES
|FLEET No||STL 441|
|OWNER||London Bus Museum, Brooklands|
|HISTORY||The STL class was
introduced by London General in 1932 and continued production until
1939. STL 441 was built after the formation of London
Transport. Originally fitted with a petrol engine, it received a
diesel engine in 1939. In 1948 in the body was rebuilt, but the bus
was finally withdrawn in 1952.
In 1953 she was sold to a Dutch museum, but was purchased by the London Bus Museum in 1974. Following several years of operation by the LBM, a further full restoration was necessary, being completed in 2007. It is now presented in the post-war 1948 rebuild form.
|Above photo taken at:||London Bus Museum, Brooklands|
|Taken on:||26th February 2012|
Return to Bus & Coach List
Photographs © Mike Smith 2012
None to be reproduced elsewhere without permission