PRESERVED BUSES & COACHES

FLEET No TD 95
REG JXC 288
MAKE Leyland
MODEL Tiger PS1
YEAR 1949
BODY Mann Egerton
OWNER London Bus Museum
HISTORY After the war, new single decker buses were needed before the RF class could be introduced in the early 1950s.  To fill the gap, standard Leyland buses were obtained.  The first 31 produced had bodies by Weymann, but the next 100 were fitted with 30-seat Mann Egerton bodies, of which TD 95 was one.  TD 95 was new at Kingston garage in 1949, but moved to Edgware in 1951, and later saw service at Tottenham and Uxbridge.  It was sold in 1963 to students who used it to tour most of Europe.  It was obtained by the London Bus Museum in 1978, and has been on various bus rallies since that time.

 

 

Above photo taken at: London Bus Museum, Brooklands
Taken on: 26th February 2012

 

Return to Bus & Coach List

Photographs Mike Smith 2012
None to be reproduced elsewhere without permission
mjs@onlineweb.com